Why Sleep is So Important
Extensive research has shown that sleep plays a vital role in promoting physical health, longevity, and emotional well-being. Getting quality sleep can provide many benefits:
- Helps keep your heart healthy by reducing the levels of stress and inflammation in your body. It also helps you maintain healthy blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Allows your brain to organize your memories, helping to sharpen your mind and memory.
- Helps regulate the hormones that affect and control your appetite, helping you maintain a healthy body weight.
- Allows your body to process glucose better, reducing your risk of getting diabetes.
- Helps to repair your body’s cells, which strengthens your immune system, ability to fight infection and stay healthy.
- Improves your overall mood.
Your mood will be brighter and your health better.